I’m sure you’re already well aware of our brownie obsession, especially if it includes coffee in the mix. Well, we found this. We made it. We devoured it. It is amazing.
- Nonstick vegetable oil spray
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 15 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 tablespoons finely ground Jamaican Blue Mountain coffee beans
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup pecan pieces
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 6 tablespoons freshly brewed Jamaican Blue Mountain coffee
- 30 thin strips crystallized ginger
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray a 13 x 9 x 2 inch metal pan with non-stick spray.
2. Combine sugar, cocoa, ground coffee, butter, and salt in large heatproof bowl. Place bowl over saucepan of simmering water. Whisk together until ingredients are blended together – smooth but grainy texture. Remove bowl.
3. Whisk in eggs and vanilla.
4. Sift in flour and mix in pecans
5. spread batter into pan and bake about 25 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean.
6.Add chocolate chips to small bowl and bring brewed coffee to a simmer. Pour coffee over chips and stir until blended and smooth. Let stand to cool and thicken. Spread over brownies.