Coffee Magazine (the “Company”) greatly values the privacy of its readers and contributors (collectively, the “Users”) and is committed to protecting that privacy. We do not share our Users’ personal information unless the User specifically authorizes us to do so or we are required to do so by law. The following statement discloses our information collection and dissemination policies in greater detail. Please read all of the terms below carefully before using this site. Your use of the Sites indicates your agreement to abide by the terms in effect.
Coffee Magazine is the sole owner of all information collected on this site. We collect information from our Users at several different points and in several ways on the Site:
- Order forms – In some portions of the Site, the User may be required to provide contact information (such as name, email, and shipping address) and financial information (such as credit card number, expiration date, and billing address) via an order form. This information is used only for billing purposes and to fill Users’ orders. If we have trouble processing an order, the information will be used to contact the User.
- Surveys – We may request information from Users on the Site via surveys or contests. Participation in these surveys and contests is completely voluntary. The User is not required to participate or disclose any information. Users’ personally identifiable information is not shared with other organizations without notice and choice. In the cases in which we use a third party to conduct these surveys and contests, the third party may not use Users’ personally identifiable information for any secondary purposes.
- Cookies – A cookie is a piece of data stored on the User’s computer tied to information about the user. We use both session ID cookies and persistent cookies. Session ID cookies are temporary files, deleted when the User closes his browser, that are used to ease the User’s navigation of the site, for instance by remembering what pages have been viewed or what parts of a form have been completed. Persistent cookies are small files stored on the User’s hard drive for extended periods of time, which are used by Curbed to identify returning Users to the Sites, and to speed up the login process for these Users. Persistent cookies can be deleted by following the instructions in your Internet browser software.
- Log Files – Like most standard web site servers we use log files. This includes Internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, Internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, platform type, date/time stamp, and number of clicks to analyze trends, administer the site, track User’s movement in the aggregate and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use. IP addresses, etc. are not linked to personally identifiable information. We may use a tracking utility that uses log files to analyze User movement.
Communications from Coffee Magazine
- Customer Service – We communicate with Users on a regular basis, including by email, to provide requested services and in regards to issues relating to Users’ accounts.
- Sharing of Information
- We do not share any User’s information with any other party, except in the following cases:
- If the User authorizes us to do so.
- We are required by law to do so.
- In the aggregate to third-party advertisers and partners. This information is not linked to any personally identifiable information.
- To provide services such as credit card processing and email newsletter delivery. The companies that provide these services for us may not retain, share, store or use personally identifiable information for any secondary purposes.
Our Site contains links to other sites for which we are not responsible. Thus we cannot vouch for the privacy policies of these sites. We encourage you to read these policies.
Our Site takes every precaution to protect our users’ information. When Users submit sensitive information via the Site, their information is protected both online and offline. When our registration/order form asks Users to enter sensitive information (such as credit card number and/or social security number), that information is encrypted and is protected with the best encryption software in the industry – SSL.
In the event Coffee Magazine goes through a business transition, such as a merger, acquisition by another company, or sale of a portion of its assets, Users’ personal information will, in most instances, be part of the assets transferred.
Users who no longer wish to have their information stored on our shopping cart and receive other communications may opt-out of receiving these communications by emailing us. Users who have posted their information to the shopping cart may edit, remove, or update that information at any time through their User account.
Notification of Changes
How to Contact Us