We say that the perfect way to start 2013 off is with some scrumptious coffee and chocolate brownies. Normally, we hesitate to ever use instant coffee, but sometimes it’s the best thing to use in some recipes to add that coffee flavor. This happens to be one of those recipes, but you’ll hardly notice as your wolfing down these sweet treats. Yum!
- 1 3 oz pack cream cheese, softened
- 2 tbs butter
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 4 eggs divided
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbs flour
- 2 tbs instant coffee
- 1/4 cup warm water
- 1 box family size brownie mix
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Blend cream cheese and butter
3. Add sugar to cream cheese/butter mix and blend until fluffy
4. Beat in one egg, vanilla, and flour. Set aside.
5. Dissolve coffee in water in medium bowl. Add brownie mix, 3 eggs, and vegetable oil. Blend well. Pour half of this mixture into greased 9 x 13 baking dish.
6. Drop cream cheese mixture by tablespoons over brownie batter. Then pour remaining browning batter on top.
7. Swirl butter knife through mixture lightly to create marbled effect.
8. Bake for 35 to 30 minutes.