Okay coffee lovers, in light of tomorrow being Labor Day I have a top notch coffee-related barbecue recipe for you. Yes, I said COFFEE barbecue recipe. Try this Coffee Barbecue Sauce recipe on for size whilst grilling your ribs n’ things tomorrow.
- 1 Chopped Yellow or Vidalia Onion
- 8 Minced Cloves of Garlic
- 2 Cups Ketchup
- 2 Tbs. Olive Oil
- 1 Cup Honey
- 1 Cup Vinegar
- 1 Cup Double Brewed Coffee
- 1/2 Cup Soy Sauce
- 1/4 Tsp. Salt
- 1/4 Tsp. Pepper
1. Brew your double brewed (twice the amount of coffee used in brewing) coffee
2. Saute onion in oil until tender
3. Sautee garlic 2-3 minutes
4. Combine onion and garlic along with all other ingredients in bowl and mix throughly
5. Pour mixture into saucepan and bring to boil.
6. Reduce to low heat and allow to simmer for 35 minutes
7. Voila! Throw some sauce on whatever meat you may be cooking and enjoy!