If you’re like me, you live to host dinner parties – or at least enjoy them. I’m always looking for a unique dessert to finish off dinner and satisfy my guest’s sweet teeth. Well, I think I found my next favorite dessert, and it combines coffee, ice cream, bananas, and liquor – couldn’t ask for a better combination. Here’s goes – a divine recipe for Coffee Bananas Foster. And, it’s pretty simple to boot!
- 3 tbs butter
- 2 semi-ripe bananas, cut in half lengthwise
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 3 tbs banana liquor
- 2 tbs dark rum
- 2 tbs coffee liquor
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream
1. Add butter to a pan on medium to high heat. After melted, add bananas and saute for 1 minute on each side. Remove bananas.
2. Add sugar, and all liquors to pan and let simmer for 2 minutes. Tilt the pan to ignite the evaporating alcohol. Let flame extinguish and then add cinnamon, nutmeg, and orange juice. Simmer for 3-5 minutes.
3. Add bananas back into pan and ladle the sauce over the bananas for 1 minute.
4. Place 1 banana half into each bowl and add ice cream. Ladle sauce over ice cream and bananas.
5. Serve and ENJOY!